Thank you so much for your contribution to Congregation Kehillah! Your donation will be received with much gratitude, and will be used to further our mission and our impact within the community.
When you invest in Kehillah, you are affirming your belief in basic Jewish values as well as the Core Values of our congregational community. Your contribution allows us to continue to provide a spiritual community that welcomes, supports, & nurtures not only you and your family, but also strengthens our community as a whole. Your donation is so appreciated, and is used with the utmost respect.
- General Fund
- The General Fund supports Kehillah’s operations in a variety of areas such as administration, staff compensation and communications. The General Fund is not glamorous, but it is the workhorse of every organization, including Kehillah. Support in this area is crucial to our sustainability.
- The Caring Committee reaches out to those who may have fallen ill or are in need of support. This fund helps provide food, services and other special assistance.
- Our innovative programs educate the Jewish mind, heart and soul. Our Youth Education Program (YEP!), with a Bar/Bat Mitzvah track, features a unique family-friendly schedule that respects the time and needs of working families. Our Adult Education program offers Adult B’nai Mitzvah, Chevrutah-style partnership learning, and programming that is accessible to all. Your donations will help us expand our offerings and enable us to provide scholarships.
- Gottlieb Music Fund
- Started by Daniel and Evelyn Simon in memory of Evelyn’s parents, Irma and Erich Gottlieb (z”l), founding members of Congregation Kehillah, the Music Fund helps us to provide enriching music experiences.
- Memorial Board
- Our Memorial Board is displayed in our sanctuary at all of our services. This is an opportunity to honor our loved ones who have passed away by memorializing their name. For a donation of $360, names can be engraved and added to our board. This gesture is usually done by the family of a loved one.
- Oneg & Hospitality
- “Oneg” literally translates as “delight,” and our Shabbat onegs highlight our welcoming hospitality and express our joy for the Sabbath. You can make a general donation to this fund or sponsor a specific oneg – a wonderful way to share your own joy for a special occasion.
- Social Action
- Tikkun Olam, or Healing the World, and Rodef Tzedek – Pursuing Social Justice, are two of Kehillah’s Core Values. This fund helps us reach out into the community to help those in need, create healing, and move towards positive social change and social justice.
- Torah Fund
- We are honored to be stewards of a Holocaust Torah which requires significant ongoing care. We also welcome donations for purchasing “Tashmeshei Kedushah” (accoutrements of sanctity) – yad, mantle, breastplate, crown, and binders for Shabbat and the High Holy Days.
- Rabbi’s Discretionary Fund
- This fund allows Rabbi Sharfman to provide support to those in need at her discretion, in a confidential and private manner.
- All of our Shabbat Siddurim have a place on the inside front cover for a Bookplate. This is an opportunity to honor our loved ones for special occasions, or to memorialize those who have passed away. For a donation of at least $72, a personalized bookplate will be added to one of our Siddurim
- Security Fund
- This is the $200 per family in order to provide funds for enhancing Temple security.